THE OFFSHORING OF MICHIGAN JOBS MORE THAN DOUBLED IN RECENT YEARS
Bad Trade Policies under the Trump Administration Have Made Offshoring Easier
The White House is falsely claiming that the “era of U.S. job offshoring is over,” when in reality…
- The number of Michigan jobs lost to offshoring more than doubled under Trump administration policies
- A number of the Trump administration’s major policy initiatives made it easier for big corporations to offshore jobs
Below is unbranded social media content you can use spread the word about the ongoing need to stop job offshoring and to stop bad trade policies that continue to prioritize corporate profits over working families.
Template Social Media Content
Here is sample text and links you can post to your organization’s or your personal Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts. To get more attention to your posts, download and include any of the relevant images below that.
The number of Michigan jobs lost to offshoring has more than doubled under the Trump administration #OffshoringDoubled https://tradejusticeedfund.org/2020/08/12/michigans-trade-related-job-losses-doubled-in-recent-years/
Even with global trade flows down due to the mismanaged COVID-19 pandemic, the trade deficit is higher today than it was before the Trump administration took office https://citizen.typepad.com/eyesontrade/2020/08/trump-trade-deficit-65-higher-than-obamas-last-year-not-eliminated-as-then-candidate-trump-promised.html
#OffshoringDoubled in Michigan in recent years. Many major Trump administration policy initiatives make it easier for big corporations to offshoring jobs. https://tradejusticeedfund.org/2020/08/12/michigans-trade-related-job-losses-doubled-in-recent-years/
Despite promises to balance trade, the U.S. trade deficit has surged to its highest point since the 2008 financial crisis https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/us-trade-deficit-surges-in-july-to-highest-in-12-years/2020/09/03/8f73ed50-ede4-11ea-bd08-1b10132b458f_story.html
Trade-related job loss has more than DOUBLED across Michigan in recent years #OffshoringDoubled https://tradejusticeedfund.org/2020/08/12/michigans-trade-related-job-losses-doubled-in-recent-years/
If easier, you can also share or retweet some of these recent posts:
(1) Micheal Davis of the Michigan AFL-CIO explains how offshoring affects people and communities
(2) Michigan experienced the second highest trade-related job loss in the country from 2017–2019
(3) Ghana Goodwin-Dye explains how more people are hurt by offshoring than many realize
(1) Michael Davis of the Michigan AFL-CIO explains how offshoring affects people and communities
(2) Ghana Goodwin-Dye explains how more people are hurt by offshoring than many realize
(3) Michigan’s trade-related job loss has DOUBLED in recent years
Want more social media content?
Sign up here to receive weekly updates
with the latest trade-related memes, links and hashtags.
Please email email@example.com if we can provide you with a template op-ed, Letter to the Editor or newsletter article about the recent growth of trade-related job loss in Michigan.
We also have a limited number of union-printed postcards highlighting our recent report on the rise of trade-related job loss.
Finally, we are happy to give a brief presentation during you upcoming union or community group meeting, and we may be able to schedule a more-detailed webinar if interested. Please get in touch!
Please Follow Us on Social Media
Stay up-to-date on trade policy matters by following the Trade Justice Education Fund on social media at:
YouTube: Trade Justice Channel