Responsible for Social Media, Website, List Building, Email Solicitations & Online Giving Program
The Trade Justice Education Fund (TJEF) is a new nonprofit that sponsors public education programs designed to expand awareness about the worker rights, environment and climate, and public health implications of U.S. trade policy.
TJEF’s mission includes increasing public understanding of just, sustainable trade policy alternatives, as opposed to the business-as-usual neoliberalism versus racist nationalism frame that is often presented as the scope of the trade policy debate.
With deep roots in the labor, environmental, family farm, faith and consumer movements, TJEF’s officers and directors together have decades of leadership experience in trade issue education. Current TJEF programs include campaigns on global COVID-19 vaccine equity, climate justice, worker rights and more.
TJEF is seeking a Social Media & Online Giving Coordinator responsible for setting up and maintaining our social media accounts, website, list building, email solicitations, online giving program and other online and membership-related tasks needed to keep a small nonprofit thriving.
The primary purpose of this position is to be responsible for establishing, maintaining and continually expanding a vibrant online giving program, website and social media presence for TJEF. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Advising on appropriate vendors (ie, Action Network, Salsa, etc.) and setting up new systems for mass email blasts, list maintenance, list expansion and online donations;
- Creating and maintaining an online giving program, including writing and scheduling regular email solicitations (often in coordination with other staff) and preparing regular reports on the program’s outcomes;
- Overseeing TJEF’s social media accounts, and producing and curating regular content for them, including for Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and potentially other platforms;
- Expanding TJEF’s supporter list via social media boosts, online ads, partnerships and other tactics of your recommendation;
- Identifying donor appreciation opportunities, potential “major donors,” and other opportunities and developing systems to consistently take advantage of them;
- Building and updating the website, keeping it current and interesting;
- Compiling and analyzing data on the success of TJEF’s online giving, social media, online advertising and website usage, and updating strategies and workplans on an ongoing basis to improve results; and
- Fulfilling other digital and membership-related tasks as they arise.
Only highly-organized self-starters should consider applying for this position. Successful candidates will:
- Have a deep commitment to social and economic justice;
- Be excited about establishing new digital communications and online fundraising systems for a small, dynamic nonprofit, and feel comfortable being responsible for identifying what is and isn’t working in them and making adjustments as needed;
- Have a proven track record of working well independently;
- Be extremely detail-oriented; skilled at task tracking, calendaring and planning ahead; and able to handle multiple responsibilities at one time;
- Be able to write clearly, persuasively and quickly for general audiences, with a history of writing online solicitations, web content and social media content;
- Have at least three years of online giving, list maintenance and social media experience and expert knowledge of digital campaigning, online advocacy and online fundraising techniques;
- Have experience with a range of software and platforms, including CRM tools like Salsa and/or Action Network; CMS tools like WordPress, Drupal and/or Typepad; Google AdWords; Facebook Ads Manager; Google Analytics; basic graphic design and video editing software; Google Workspace and Microsoft Office; and be comfortable learning how to use new technologies at your own direction;
- Have experience using advanced analytics and custom targeting in online advertising; a firm understanding of Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Pay Per Click (PPC), Cost-Per-Acquisition (CPA) rates and conversion pixels; and the ability to design and optimize effective online ad campaigns for different purposes;
- Be comfortable working with labor unions, environmental groups, faith organizations and people of diverse races, sexualities, gender identities, faiths and political backgrounds.
Hours, Location & Compensation
This is a full-time, remote position paying $77,500 – $95,000, depending upon experience and location. Other benefits provided.
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com as soon as possible. We will consider resumes until the positions are filled. No calls please.